For those of you who didn’t know, I am a mama by day and a freelance illustrator by night (and nap time!). The other night as I was finishing up a project to send over to a client, I came across this little lamb sketch that I did a few years ago. With springtime and Easter on my mind, I instantly thought up an adorable craft that my little Tommy could make using this drawing as a base. Of course, no Easter craft involving fluffy white baby animals would be complete without a bunny, so I whipped up a little bunny drawing to go along with it!
For this project, you will need:
- Little Lamb & Little Bunny (<—click the links to download .pdf files)
- Printer (with black ink or toner… no color printer necessary)
- White 8.5 x 11″ printer paper (or card stock)
- Cotton Balls
- Liquid Glue
- Stickers & markers (or whatever you want to use to decorate your picture)
To make it:
- Grown-up: Print the Little Lamb and Little Bunny .pdf files. (I printed on white card stock to make this a little more sturdy to withstand the glue and weight of the cotton balls.)
- Grown-up & Child: Squiggle some glue onto the body of the little lamb and let your little one help place cotton ball “wool” all over to make the lamb cute and fluffy.
- Child: Decorate your picture with colorful stickers, color the background, and add words or designs to make it your own.
- Repeat steps 2-3 with the Little Bunny printout.
These printouts are free for personal use, but please remember that I am the artist and I retain the copyrights to the artwork. These art files (along with any other art or photography that I post on makelearngo.com) cannot be copied, reproduced, or sold without my permission. If you have any questions about this, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
When you make this with your little artist, don’t forget to take a picture! Tag @makelearngo on Instagram, send a message to Make Learn Go on Facebook, or e-mail your photo to email@example.com for a chance for your child’s artwork to be featured on our Instagram and Facebook pages!
And don’t forget to check out some of our fun Easter crafts and learning activities that you can do with your little one:
And if you’re still trying to figure out what the Easter Bunny is going to bring this year, here’s our helpful list of Easter Basket Ideas for Toddlers & Babies.